Saturday, July 21, 2007

Movie adaptation


Batman and Robin Movie adaptation
comic book adapted from the infamous movie by Joel Schumacher. Personnally I think that the comic was better than the movie. I don't know if it is useful to sum up the story, nevertheless I 'm going to do so : in this issue Pamela Isley is a great scientist who aims at giving to plants a weapon to defend themselves from humankind's attacks by crossing them with animals... Unfortunately she got killed by mad professor Jason Woodrue. She reborns as the femme fatale and mistress of plants known as Poison Ivy. After having killed Woodrue, she went to Gotham in order to avenge plants and so on...Finally she managed to kiss Robin but he expected the trap and she's defeated by Batgirl. Best Line : Robin to Ivy : "I dream of living with you but you'd have to change your life " Ivy : "Curves are my job you know". Since this is the french version here is the original text: "Je voudrais sortir avec toi mais tu dvras prendre un virage à angle droit" Ivy : "Oh Tu sais les courbes ça me connaît".

No comments: